23 August 2008
A Hero. The Hope. The Future.
I was fond of watching a lot of things this past few days. Being a couch potato sometimes do a lot of good things too. It's bad to sleep late at night, but it's my way of fighting my insomnia back - which been bugging me this past few days ago. I had time to catch up with the news and one of it is the 25th death anniversary of Ninoy Aquino.

When my mom saw this commercial about a documentary dedicated for him, she begun saying, "He is such a kindhearted person. He is courageous, smart and open-minded. He is also dangerous for the government during his time - and that is the time when I was carrying you in my womb." I was puzzled. I didn't know she had this admiration for such a brave man. She sat beside me while we were watching the news, talking about his fascination to this man - the one whom I saw in the 500 peso-bill. Then, she said, "If Ninoy was still alive, he'll probably be a president, or someone sitting in the government. He'll bring harmony and certainly will inspire a lot of people like you, who have eccentric ideas about things around. Such man can exist again in other time." Then, my mom sighed.

I know what my mom meant. She believes that there is still hope existing for the oppression and the alleviation of the worse situation of our country. Eventhough, my mom knows how negative my thinking is when it comes to the government, she knows that somewhere in my heart - there's still a living flame of belief that a bright future is waiting for the country. Definitely he knows, that someone out there would bring the peace, harmony and hope alive in the country again... just like during her days.

It's so sad to see that those people in my age have a cold shoulder treatment in the situation of my country. Mostly of my classmates would immediately want to escape from the doom happening here. I laughed my head out when they still have to serve our Mother Country for two years before going overseas. I always tell myself that I'll just go overseas for greener pastures - but will definitely go back here. There's nothing good but going back home.

Speaking of Ninoy's commemoration for his death, our school will be having a small program this coming Tuesday - the alumni was invited, and I gladly told my answer to our College Dean that I'll be there. I haven't heard much of what the program's intention and other stuffs that will be happening. Our College Dean asked me to speak in behalf of our college alumni members (who are by the way, busy filing their requirement to PRC for their license.). Since my review classes will be starting few days from now, I gave my word that I'll be doing that impromptu speech. (Gawd. I think I was known in our school because of my impromptu speeches! *toinks*)

For now, I think I should think of things that I wanted to say to those people who will be in the program. Who knows what I might do. Who knows what the impact would be. It might give a spark of hope and sooner, it'll become a flame of freedom and harmony.
posted by LJ at 3:08 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie